Sunday, April 27, 2014

27 Weeks and High Blood Pressure

So I don't normally take pictures of myself while pregnant.  I'm not sure why, I just never have.  I decided to take this one at 27 weeks, when I was at a point that I looked pregnant, even to strangers! 
I have had a normal pregnancy until this point.  I have felt great and the pregnancy has really flown by for me since I have Bailey-9 and Campbell-4 to look after.  Bailey has kept us busy with softball and basketball and Campbell is my little sidekick at all these events, her time is coming soon.  At around the 27-28 week mark the doctor started becoming concerned about my blood pressure.  It seemed to become higher and higher with each visit and they had warned me that I needed to start slowing down.  At 35 weeks everything came to a halt when the doctor decided to put me on bed rest.  She had sent me to the hospital for monitoring and they discovered that I had a small abruption.  It was clotting over but this combined with my high blood pressure made for a bad situation.  I did what the doctors had asked and at 38 weeks they decided that it was time for Blake to make his debut.  

No comments:

Post a Comment