Thursday, September 1, 2011

First Day of 1st Grade



Yes, it finally happened, Bailey has started the first grade. I honestly just cannot wrap my brain around it, it doesn't seem real. Here she is in all her blondie beauty, that's what her daddy calls her. She was so excited for the first day of school. She has a new doggy backpack and lunchbox. Bailey has decided that she needs to take her lunch this year because the school food is just "slop."




We decided for a dress ensemble for the first day and I think it was a great choice, she looks so grown up.




Her teacher this year is Mrs. Caussey and she has been a teacher in Broken Arrow for 20 years and I think she is really great. She will teach the kids all the normal reading and math, but she is also very big on manners and compassion for others. I like that she focuses on who the child is as a person and not just what they learn academically.






On our way to school, even Campbell is excited!






Miss Caussey asked the kids to each bring a bear for the first few days of school, an idea that Bailey loved. I think it gave them some comfort in there new environment.




Family picture time!




I hope that you have an amazing year in first grade Bailey. You amaze me with all the things that you know and learn on a daily basis. I love that you are such a smart girl with an awesome heart, I love you!


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment