Thursday, August 12, 2010

Kindergarten

The day I thought seemed forever away finally arrived today.  My baby went to kindergarten.  It just made me even sadder to think that my baby baby would be here in the blink of an eye as well.  But it was a wonderful day none the less.  I told Bailey last night that she needed to get to early because she would have to get up early, well at 6:30am I was woken by a little voice saying, "mommy its early, time to get up!"  And let me tell you she was as bright eyed and bushy tailed as they come.  So we got up watched cartoons, got dressed, did pictures, and we were off. 

Campbell was in an excellent mood on the way to school, it was as if she knew she would now have her mommy all to herself for many days to come.

Family pic.

Bailey and daddy.

Bailey and mommy.

My little kindergartner, note the shirt that says it all - fabulous!!

I ordered her backpack and lunchbox from Pottery Barn and had her name put on each, super cute, and the lunch box will attach to the backpack so we'll never lose it, right? ahaha


When we got to school Bailey put a halt to all pictures.  She was ready for us to leave and let her start her day, so I got a shot of her coloring, but it was all she would let me take, Miss Independent is a major understatement. 

This is Bailey and her teacher Mrs. Black, yes we have a totally new teacher as well as a totally new school from yesterday.  When I enrolled Bailey back in June I also put in a transfer request to Spring Creek, they told me that it could be after school starts until the transfer is approved, if at all.  Well we went to meet the teacher at Oakcrest Tuesday night and Wednesday morning got a phone call letting us know our transfer was approved.  Holy Cow, I was happy,excited, frazzled, and confused all at the same time.  I called my mom, my mother in law and frantically got opinions on what to do.  I was really scared of confusing Bailey by taking her to another school, but at the same time I knew she could handle it.  So I took my mother in laws advice, thank you so much Cathy, and I explained things to Bailey and we went up to check out Spring Creek.  Bailey was IN LOVE, she was so excited, she loved how much bigger and nicer this school was and she said this is where she wanted to go to school, thank goodness I was safe.  So today was wonderful, everyone at the school was awesome and I definitely feel we made the right choice.   Tomorrow I have been instructed by Miss Independent that I can drop her off at the front door and she will go to her classroom by herself, see what I'm dealing with, 5 going on 25.

No comments:

Post a Comment