Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Days

We got out and enjoyed the Blizzard of 2011 today. I think we got about 14 inches or so. We spent allot of the day digging out of our driveway where we had 4 foot snow drifts right outside of our garage. I guess because of the way our house sets and all the blowing snow we had it was a really bad combination for our driveway. We did manage to make a big dent in it but there is still allot to go.

Below is a picture of our back porch, I'm really not sure how deep the snow is but if you look at the above picture you get a pretty good indication. Bailey is standing up in the snow and it is going past her knees, to her waist in some places.


Bailey had a great time playing outside with Shelby. I think they lasted about 20 minutes and then decided they were done. Campbell has watched things from the window which is the safest place for her in my opinion. Tomorrow we plan on making some snow ice cream and no sew blankets, yeah! Tim and I have been home the last two days since both of our places of employment have been closed. I got a call from my boss this evening saying that we would be closed tomorrow as well due to the fact that there is no way to get into our parking lot since the snow plows have piled snow in front of the parking lot entrances. Trust me I did have to hold back the tears, ha! But really two kids plus 3 days stuck in a house with no way out is not a good combination. The icing on the cake is the fact that Broken Arrow called this evening to say there would be no school for the rest of the week. Looks like Timmy will have another take your kid to work day on Friday, have fun!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment