Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Softball World Series

Last Thursday we headed to OKC to the 2010 Softball College World Series.  There is an amazing softball complex there as well as the softball Hall of Fame Museum, the stadium is called The Hall of Fame Stadium.  Just Bailey, my mom, and I went, we had a great girls trip.  My mom and I love to go and watch the games and we are looking forward to going back at the end of July to watch the USA Olympic Team play Canada and Japan, yes I said Japan, I know that sounds weird but they are actually very good.  I have actually played  at this stadium, when I was a senior in high school we won the 6A High School State Softball Championship here.  The state championships are still held here every year.  When I was in college we stopped to practice here on our way to a tournament in Texas, it is a very nice stadium. 

The series is on ESPN2 right now as well, the final 3 games are going on right now between Arizona and UCLA.  We were their for opening day and watched Hawaii and Missouri play.  I was excited to watch Hawaii  because they have some girls on their team that can hit the ball like no bodies business, and by that I mean out of the park.  They have broken several records this year and they were very impressive to watch, since they hit 2 out during this game, Missouri also had 1 hit out.  Bailey enjoyed it for the most part.  She was amazed to see the girls hit the ball the way they did and to watch the pitcher.  She wants to follow in her mommies foot steps and be a pitcher, and that is all her, I promise, I did not influence that decision. I also think she would make a great catcher or first baseman because of her size. 

It had rained early that morning but it was hot when we got there for the noon game, so first order of business was a snowcone.  She then wanted a $5.00 cup of lemonade but I had to regulate a big no on that call.  We had some whinning episodes which drove me crazy since I probably watched half the game while dealing with her, but it was still a fun time.  We sat in the outfield bleachers, which were still great seats and Bailey enjoyed going down to the warm up area during the game to watch pitchers warm up.  She was amazed to see how fast they threw since all she has seen is 10 year olds at our ball fields, so it was a major difference.

We had a photo opp on our way out of the stadium. Bailey thought this big ball was really neat.

Another view of the field.


Bailey is so excited to play ball now, I think we will make this a yearly trip.  I think its awesome motivation to see that if you work hard she could be here one day to, it's all up to her.

They had a tee and if you hit balls you got a head band and she did great, people were surprised how well she hit, I just told them, she takes after her mother, lol!!

No comments:

Post a Comment