Saturday, August 6, 2011

USA Softball



At the end of July we took a girls trip to OKC to watch the Softball World Cup. The teams playing were USA, Japan, Australia, United Kingdom, and Canada. We had a great time watching the games. Bailey is fascinated by the Japan team. She loves the way they look and talk. I can only dream that I will be able to sit like she is in the picture above. She started getting kind of antsy, so I told her she could go sit down close. When I looked up this is what I saw, holy moly I can only dream of that flexibility one day.




My mom went with us. The two of us could sit and watch games all day long, but Bailey has a time limit. She did very well thru all the games and the heat, we had a great time.




We stayed in Bricktown even though it was way to hot to spend the day strolling outside. I had found this place online before we left and knew that I would have to take Bailey. I told her I had a surprise for her and didn't tell her where we were going. We went to a cupcake/candy store called Pinkitsle, I think that's how its spelled. It is a super fancy, fun, very girly candy store. Baileys face lit up like a lightbulb when she first walked in, it was awesome.




They also made the most awesome cupcakes. It was so fun to sit and have a little treat.




Bailey had lots of team USA spirit. She made her own poster to hold up during the game.




I had to show this picture because it is very amazing to me. This pitcher for USA is on her tippy toes. Every pitch she extends up very high and is on her toes, she was amazing




We also got to see the wounded soilders softball team. These soilders had lost limbs fighting for our country in Iraq. It was so amazing and inspirational to see all that they had overcome.




Sadly all good things come to an end, but we had a great weekend, a tradition I hope will continue for years and years to come.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment